Friday, August 7, 2009

Counting Down

As of right now there are 17 days, 16 hours, 11 mins and 39 seconds until I leave for Japan. For anyone keeping count, yeah, that means I'm leaving Aug 23rd. Kris has a few weeks on me since he's leaving Sept 5th.
Still, that's not a lot of time left and there's still alot to do. Nevermind just packing things, but we have to head to Calgary to visit the Japanese Embassy there in order to apply for our visas. We need to apply for our internation driver licenses. We need to convert our money into Yen and get some traveller's cheques. We need to move Mikey to my parents. I still want to put together the photo book of Winnipeg for my students. And we need to pack.
There's also trying to find the time to see all our family and friends before we go. Right now, we're saying that we're hoping to be out there for a year and a half, but you never know how things will work out, so it's important to see people before we go.
Hopefully, we get to see you before we go. After all, I still have a whole 17 days, 16 hours, 3 mins and 12 seconds until I leave for Japan.

1 comment: