Monday, September 14, 2009

Okay, but what about the frogs

This last week at school has been about two things: practicing for the sports festival, and introducing myself to the students. In order to accomplish this feat, I created a power point presentation about my life and my home town of Winnipeg. The kids really seemed to get a kick out of it and it's pecked their curiosity of Canada.

But what really got everyone interested was my fun fact that Winnipeg can get as cold as -40 in the winter and we get about 20 cm of snow. In a place where they never see temperature drop past -2, they have a hard time imagining this. And not only the students, the teachers to.

Now that so many have seen my slide show, I've been bombarded with questions, which usually need a few translators around me to try and get to everyone.

I've been asked about things like if the inside of your nose freezes, what happens if you don't wear enough warm clothes, and even what happens to the snakeS and frogs during the winter months.

It's been an interesting week, that's for sure. I just hope I answered all the questions correctly. But, what does happen to the frogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment