Sunday, September 6, 2009

Reunited Again

In a few hours, Kris' plane will be landing in Narita International Airport. From there, it'll take him about 3 hours to make his way to the shin-osaka station where we'll finally be reunited after two weeks.

I'm really excited to see him again. I'm also really excited to stop living like a bachelor.

That's right, I said bachelor.

I think I'm considering myself more of a bachelor, instead of it's hard to spell female counterpart, because of how I've been living these last two weeks, but this week especially. Single girls have nice apartments filled with the basic needs for day to day living. Guys drink milk out of the carton and get by on what few things they have. Which is exactly how I've been living. Right now I own a small selection of cleaning supplies, an iron, a handful of disposable chopsticks, one spoon, one fork, and a small selection of towels that my mom bought for me for the move.

Did you know you can butter bread with a spoon? Or that toilet paper is a perfectly fine substitute for kleenex and paper towels? Yep, this has been my life. Dinners bought from the convenience store, and juice drunken straight out of the carton.

I hope Kris is ready for all the shopping we're going to have to do when he gets here so we can finish making this place an actual home. Somehow I don't think he'll mind.

At least we'll be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment